Wednesday 7 August 2013

Challenge Over - What to Do next?

Well here we are three days after Ride 100, still pleased with my performance, and OK with the funds raised for The EIKON Charity - would have been nice to done better on that front, but we raised ~£5,000 altogether.

Sunday morning me passing through West Byfleet
I've been to the gym, briefly, for a gentle workout and I generally feel good. Yes I've been back on the bike too, OK only a short two mile ride to the shops and back but it felt good the legs weren't protesting. 

I think this weekend I will take another ride out with my local Pure Motion team. 

I've already had suggestions from some about what to do next - polite and otherwise - like foreign cycle tours, other local events, etc. but as yet I'm undecided. 

However, certain I'm going to do something. I think its the challenge we need to drive us along, that mountain to climb, river to cross, call it what you will we all need a challenge.

As I said at the start, I'm still happy with my time for the 100, but I'm sure if it were not for the early season fall and injuries I could have put in a rather better time. Which is what I intend to do next year... Yes, I really think I'm going to do it again, cos' I thoroughly enjoyed it.

But for now back to the general cycling and maintaining fitness, which is where it all started.

No comments:

Post a Comment