Thursday 1 August 2013

A Change of Scenery - Final Countdown

Last weekend we had the chance to head down to Dorset for a few days. So being keen to get in at least some amount of miles I duly strapped the bike to the back of the car - after filling it with all the other paraphernalia - and we headed off.

Of course its always difficult to fit everything in to a short weekend break, so I didn't get chance to do many miles ~26 in fact, but at least that along with several swimming sessions provided a fair degree of exercise.

I'd hoped to get in a couple of rides but the weather was less than predictable [and I'd not packed everything suitable for a long wet ride] so eventually I only did the one loop, below:



So now we are just three days from the event itself, the last few weeks seem to have gone quickly. I can only hope now that I've done sufficient over the past few months to make the ride itself as enjoyable as possible.

The sponsorship is still a rather less than I'd hoped for, but I do understand times are tough and there are so many charity events out there to support, but if your reading this and haven't already supported me and EIKON and feel so inclined, please do: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/NickCritchell

Right, the registration process opens today and I'm heading off to do that tonight, then check the bike over tomorrow before joining the RideLondon FreeCycle event on Saturday. Then the ride on Sunday - sounds like a busy few days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment