Sunday 4 August 2013

Ride London-Surrey 100 - Complete

Well I completed the ride in Six hours twenty-nine minutes, without any mishaps or technical issues, so quite happy with that - though at the end my body was telling me otherwise!

Happy to collect the medal at the end.

About 16,400 people started the ride and the London Olympic Park, I'm not sure I've ever seen so much Carbon fibre and Lycra in one place....

Queueing to join 'Wave K' for my start
My 07:02 AM start time meant an early 04:30 start from home but we got there courtesy of Andy our 'Logistic Manager' for the day.

Have to say the event was very well organised and supported throughout he day - Big thanks to the team of people providing help, and doubtless cleaning up at the drinks stations after we'd all gone through.

In the start gate - Wave K [Blue] 07:02 off

The route as recorded on MapMyRide. Doesn't include the ~5 mile ride from the drop-off to the start point. It also doesn't show the great support we received all around the route from locals and charity support teams - big thank you to them for turning out.


Look forward to doing it again next year.... perhaps.

We raised several thousand pounds for EIKON, which I hope will enable them to continue doing such great work with our local youth. 

A final plug, it's not too late, if you've not sponsored me so far please go to my Virgin giving link on this blog site and donate now - thank you in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment